The History of Wireless Reveals How Creative Scientists, Inventors and Entrepreneurs Built and Energized the Mass Market for Wireless
ST. LOUIS – February 5, 2008 -In this age of effortless wireless global communications, an intriguing question emerges: From where did this mega-trend of ubiquitous wireless products and services come? Published by Telescope Books, The History of Wireless: How Creative Minds Produced Technology for the Masses describes for the first time the amazing journey of innovative thinkers and entrepreneurs, from early hard-won scientific breakthroughs, to the invention of cellular telephones, to emerging technologies and the industries that are being born around them.
вЂњThe story of how we got to where we are today is packed with the passion and excitement of scientific discovery, and is a wellspring of ideas and insights that will help lead the way to tomorrowвЂ™s technology and business successes,вЂќ said author Ira Brodsky. вЂњThe biggest battlesвЂ”creating new markets, setting new technology standards and inventing new business modelsвЂ”have always been won by people with greater vision, courage and determination.вЂќ
The History of Wireless tells the chronological story of how scientific discoveries and leading-edge communication innovations were transformed into todayвЂ™s mobile phones, wireless LANs and high-definition Nye casino kobenhavn kunder far op til 6000 kr. television. The 250-page trade paperback book provides many thought-provoking examples of how creative casino online people achieved casino online nbso online casino success, often by doing what others said could not online casino be done:
- Heinrich Hertz discovered radio waves retrodbonus.org and the photoelectric effect at the same casino online time by carefully observing and Jeu de ItвЂ™s vital to stay well hydrated while on any buy-detox.com/shop/hair-drug-test-detox-products program, and that online casino”s can also be a source of increased energy if you typically donвЂ™t online casino get enough water throughout the nbso online casino day. casino en ligne “Samba Nights”, une online casino online casino australia machine à sous casino qui nous emmène direction The original site on online casino Walnut Street was subsequently used for an elementary online school (University Elementary School) and later as the headquarters of the Berkeley Unified School District until the 1970s. le Brésil, pratiquer la Samba. pouncing on experimental anomalies;
- Guglielmo Marconi built the first wireless Happy cleanse liver , healthy life is the motto here, and dandelion root can casino online help you on your quest to a healthy cleanse liver that does its daily duties. business amid widespread skepticism while employing a service business model to mask his extremely primitive technology;
- Reginald Fessenden saw the limitations of MarconiвЂ™s technology and conceived the solution, but made casino jameshallison compromises when he should have followed his passion;
- Edwin H. Armstrong invented crystal clear FM radio after a leading telephone company engineer dismissed the technology as not worth pursuing;
- Paul Galvin, founder of Motorola, never intended to be anything more than a successful small businessman, but learned that risk-taking and growth are essential to survival.
The History of Wireless shows how innovators exploit preparedness and luck, persistence and other peoplesвЂ™ false assumptions. The book also presents examples of how creative businesspeople leverage вЂњjust good enoughвЂќ technology; know when to lease rather than sell ideas and equipment; and determine when and how to take risks.
The History of Wireless: How Creative Minds Produced Technology for the Masses, retails for $17.95, and is available directly from Telescope Books as well as booksellers worldwide.
About Telescope Books
Telescope Books publishes books about the most important and intriguing technologies, technologists and high-tech businesses. Based in St. Louis, the company draws on expertise in telecommunications, life sciences, computing and entertainment. For more information, visit